Maire’s Message – Visioning for the Future of FIABCI-USA
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Posted by: FIABCI-USA HQ
We welcome a message from Maire Rosol, 2016/2017 President of FIABCI-USA.
Leaders set the tone for an organization. Please tell us more about the tone you want to set as President of FIABCI-USA in 2017.
It is truly an honor to be leading FIABCI-USA in 2016/2017. We live in a global society with ideas and best practices shared. Global investments transcend borders and seek the best returns. Our FIABCI-USA chapter recognizes that we need to keep the world view in mind and redirect our organizations. We are calling it a REBOOT. The FIABCI base is an inclusive organization - an umbrella organization with the many diverse elements of real estate including brokers, managers, developers, lenders, attorneys, architects, and others. Guiding FIABCI-USA through an organizational REBOOT is a challenge and we need everyone’s help. We want to focus on what we do well and add substantial new member benefits to what we are calling our “Member Toolkit.”
Another topic FIABCI-USA should be focusing on is the issue of sustainable and affordable housing. It is really the issue of our time all across all world. The UN Habitat III Conference that is being held in Quito, Ecuador in October is devoted to this.Many of our members will be attending and we can learn and perhaps implement some of the findings from this pivotal conference.
We are in the middle of a challenging time for FIABCI-USA and we welcome and invite everyone’s collaboration and support.
What is the REBOOT? Why is the REBOOT happening now?
Our REBOOT plans at the September 21-23 Leadership Retreat in Aspen, Colorado are in the beginning stages. We recognize that we need to change and we want all members to have a voice in this new visioning for our organization. We are focusing on the needs of FIABCI-USA first. But let me just say, going forward we are adding new membership categories and we will be emphasizing our 4 new tools in the tool kit.
It’s the right time for the REBOOT because FIABCI-USA has a promise to keep to our members. We have a great history of building bridges globally and our future is equally bright if we focus on inclusion of our diverse base and delivering on the value proposition to all of our members. I am listening, our Executive Committee is listening and so are our FIABCI-USA staff consultants. All of us feel a new and renewed energy and we need to capitalize on it now!
What are some of the specific new items in the “Member Toolkit” being offered by FIABCI-USA as part of the REBOOT?
The Member Toolkit has four key items designed to save our members time and money. They include:
- FIABCI’s International Referral Platform – This is a formal, trackable request for global referral coordination. If FIABCI-USA members need assistance in placing business in other parts of the world, members now have the option of using the outstanding services of Leading Real Estate Companies of the World. You can link here:http://www.fiabci-intro.com/
- OFX Money Transfer – This global money transfer partnership with OFX can literally save our members thousands of dollars on any transaction. It’s also simple and safe to set up on line. Learn more here: http://transfers.usforex.com/fiabci_ofx/
- Chinese Buyers Bridge - This new Chinese investors web platform will be unveiled in Aspen and offers real estate practitioners in all sectors the ability to promote their properties to vetted Chinese investors. There are opportunities for apartments and property managers at this site as well as brokers. The web address is http://www.hfunso.com/home. The beta test for this new platform begins in September, so if members want to get in on the ground floor of this new service, they should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mortgages for Foreign Nationals from the UN Federal Credit Union - Link to a representative of the Credit Union to help your clients secure a mortgage. Since the UNFCU is a portfolio lender, they originate and maintain mortgage loans, enabling an accelerated pace of processing, approving and closing their loans.Their flexible underwriting guidelines allow them to lend to those with little or no US-based credit and/or G4 visas. For more information click here: https://jfagan-unfcu.mortgagewebcenter.com/
For more information on all these, visit the FIABCI-USA “Member Benefits” page on the FIABCI-USA web site https://fiabciusamember.site-ym.com/. These are all practical tools to assist our members and I welcome feedback and hopefully a few success stories about how they have helped close the deal...
What is your call-to-action for the FIABCI-USA membership in 2017?
Get involved! We need help at the Local Council level. We are re-organizing and energizing each of them. Our member volunteers can do the following:
- Share their time and talent to put exciting, interesting new programs on the calendar.
- Invite other real estate disciplines to participate in Local Councils.
- Open their networks to find compelling speakers, generous sponsors and new members.
- Give feedback and share success stories about how FIABCI-USA has helped build business as well as careers.
And so much more – global real estate is complicated and we need to collaborate and cooperate with each other.
We encourage members to watch for a Member Survey that will be sent out by the end of August. Please open and complete when you receive it! We want to establish real metrics based on input to track our progress for the next twelve months and beyond.
I hope you will get in touch with me if you have issues to discuss with me about directly. Please email me at email@example.com.
Thank you for the privilege of being your leader for the next year. Together I believe we can innovate and drive change to benefit FIABCI-USA.