Click to Register. Click for hotels.
Join us on July 13 and 14th for an informative presentation of the pleasures and mechanics of luxury real estate in Whistler, BC. Come on the weekend of July 11th and 12th to enjoy some well-deserved private time at the height of the summer season for golf, mountaintop views, fishing, sunbathing, zip-lining, hang gliding or exquisite dining; what’s your pleasure? On Monday we’ll get down to the business of exploring luxury real estate in the valley with a day full of discussions of the unique issues of purchasing property in the resort. All of the Whistler Real Estate offices tour new properties early on Tuesday morning (14th) so for those who are interested you can join us for a broader view of how the locals work followed by a private tour of some luxury properties.
Sunday July 12th - Evening Reception held at ReMax Sea to Sky Whistler office – meet some of the local Realtors
Monday July 13th- 9:30 – 10:00 meet and coffee
- 10:00 – 11:00 Resort Municipality of Whistler director of Sustainability Stewardship connects with FIABCI Prix d’Excellence Awards. Introducing the resort’s response to the 2020 Initiative for Sustainability. Presentation by the director and a FIABCI member describing the FIABCI Prix d’Excellence Awards.
- 11:00 -12:30 Luxury residential (and commercial) real estate in Whistler and Seattle. Presentations by a Whistler broker and a Seattle broker describing each market.
- 12:30 - 1:30 Lunch
- 1:30 – 3:00 Lending in Canada and the US. Presentations by East West and a local lender on the programs that are available for foreign buyers.
- Late afternoon – free time to explore the resort
- 7:00 Dinner at one of the local restaurants (no host)
Tuesday July 14th - 8:30 – 10:30 Local real estate tour
- 10:30 – 11:00 Luxury real estate tour ending at facility for additional presentations
- 11:00 – 12:30 Legal issues in cross border investing. Canadian and US attorneys.